Teachers are responsible for creating lesson plans and instructing students of all levels. Their responsibilities include giving homework assignments, grading tests, and logging students’ progress. Teachers should be able to teach a variety of subjects and connect with students by presenting exciting lessons. Anyone who holds a working permit and can legally be employed in Canada could apply for this position. Employers will not consider your application if you don’t have a work permit and are not lawfully authorized for work within Canada.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced educator to become part of our professional group of educators. As a teacher, you will be accountable for cultivating students’ interest in learning and development. Your duties will include grading assignments, evaluating students’ progress, and designing educational activities.
It would help if you were a skilled professional knowledgeable of the best practices for Teaching and the legal process of education. Alongside having exceptional writing and oral communications skills, our ideal candidate should also have outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills.
School District 33, Chilliwack
46363 Yale Road Chilliwack, British Columbia V2P 2P8
$61,322 per year for 40-45 hours per week
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc. )
Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
Not required, but it is an asset
- Learn from students by teaching them through discussions, lectures, and audio-visual presentations. shop, laboratory, and field research
- Create subject matter for presentation following an approved curriculum; prepare tests, administer, and correct tests.
- Take part in meetings with staff, education conferences, and teacher-training workshops.
- Assess the student’s progress and discuss the results with parents, students, and school officials.
- Content for the course to develop
- Correct and assign homework.
- Create and distribute educational materials, including tests, notes, and assignments.
- Inspect classes to ensure students learn in a secure and efficient environment.
- Organize the supplies and materials to prepare lectures and presentations.
- Provide personalized instruction to every student through encouraging active learning.
- Develop and implement educational events and activities.
- Make sure your classroom is tidy.
- Distribute periodic reports on progress and report cards.
- Participate in parent-teacher meetings.
- Document and evaluate students’ performance.
- Assign and grade homework assignments, tests, and assignments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Teaching or a related area.
- Deep understanding of teaching techniques and educational processes that are legal.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Excellently organized and has excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Every application for teacher positions must include the following details:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- University Transcripts
- Teaching Report or Final Practicum Report
- QTS Certification
- BC Teachers’ Regulation Branch Certification
- The names of two people who have overseen your instruction
We are grateful for your interest in Chilliwack School District. Chilliwack School District Only applicants with a shortlist will be informed.
Please note that Candidates who applied within the last calendar year must not apply again. Your application is one of our applicant pools, and you can make changes to your portfolio online so that we can our process of reviewing your application.
Security and Safety
- Child abuse register review.
- Child welfare assessment.
- A security clearance is confidential.
- Effective interpersonal abilities.
- Team player.
- Excellent oral communication.
- Excellent written communication.
- Morality and values.
This job opportunity will be in effect until March 10, 2021.
The company promotes equal opportunities for all applicants to jobs who self-identify as belonging to the following categories: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, and visible minorities.
Method of Application
The application process is via email. Send an email including your cover letter and details to the email below
The above are the attributes a secondary school teacher in Canada should have; as an individual who is aspiring to get a teaching job in Canada, you must meet up to the requirements and criteria above.Follow Us for Update